Our production schedule fills up very quickly so reserve your date early! Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for completion of a project. We can start the process even if you don’t have details like the event time finalized. Those are easy changes once the design proofs get going!
1. Complimentary CONSULTATION – In order to make sure we get a good sense of who you are, your personal story, your style, and likes & dislikes, we prefer that you complete and send back our Inquiry Form before a formal consultation. (Or, if you prefer, you can just email us the details of what you are looking for.) Based on that information, we curate a collection of samples to review during the meeting.
All of our design projects start with a complimentary consultation either by phone, email or in person at our Dallas studio. During your one-on-one consultation, you get an opportunity to feel, hold, and experience our custom invitation samples, as well as discuss your options, budget, style and preferences in detail. Bring in your inspiration… magazines, fabric, photos, mood boards, sketches, family heirlooms… whatever inspires you. Showing a collection of photos, color swatches or inspiration pieces is definitely the best way we can make sure we’re both on the same page. (But it’s ok if you are still working out these details.)
2. ESTIMATE – Once we have all of the design details, we will put together a custom estimate. Pricing is based on the paper stock, printing process, quantity and intricacy of the design. See Pricing for general examples. Once you approve the estimate, we need a signed copy of the estimate and our contract along with a 50% deposit to get started!
3. DESIGN – Our designers will work one-on-one with you to create your perfect invitation design. You will receive a digital PDF of several concepts for the main invitation piece. After you review, we’ll discuss options, ideas, and changes or additions you’d like to make. Once you pick a concept, we’ll create proofs of the remaining printed pieces or inserts with your chosen design theme to create a cohesive, one-of-a-kind suite.
4. PROOFING – After the initial concept is approved, you will be emailed a PDF proof of the complete invitation. This is the time when you will look the proofs over very carefully for any spelling errors or typos and correct information (times, addresses etc). The balance is due upon proof approval and then we start printing!
5. PRODUCTION – Our standard printing production time is 2 – 4 weeks for standard printing processes and up to 8 weeks for more elaborate designs. Exact production times depend on the complexity of the order. We will provide you an estimated completion time during your initial consultation. You may also request a rush service for an additional fee. Rush pricing is calculated by how quickly we are producing the project compared to standard turnaround time for that process. This can range from 15 to 75% of the invoice total.
6. ENJOY – We will ship your invitations to you via FedEx ground or you can pick up in our Dallas studio. We also offer mailing service and will stamp, stuff and mail your invitations for you. Then enjoy the rave reviews as guests get the first glimpse into your event!