Our production schedule fills up very quickly so reserve your date early! Please allow a minimum of 8 weeks for completion of a project. We can start the process even if you don’t have details like the event time finalized. Those are easy changes once the design proofs get going!
1. CONSULTATION – To get a good sense of who you are, your personal story, and your style, we will send you a questionnaire to complete before your consultation. The information you share gives us a snapshot of the event you have mentally created! Based on that information, we curate a collection of samples to review during the meeting.
All of our design projects start with a complimentary consultation either by phone, email or in person at our Dallas studio. Sending us a collection of photos, color swatches or inspiration pieces is definitely the best way we can make sure we’re both on the same page. During your consultation, we will guide you through selecting printing processes, materials, colors, and other design elements.
2. ESTIMATE – Once we have all of the design details, we will put together a preliminary estimate. Pricing is based on the paper stock, printing process, quantity and intricacy of the design. See Pricing for general examples. Once you approve the estimate, we need a signed copy of the estimate and our contract along with a 50% deposit to get started!
3. DESIGN – Our designers will work one-on-one with you to create your perfect invitation design. The first proof is sent about two weeks after the deposit is paid. Each client receives an initial proof with three to five possible design directions. Our proofs are formatted as digital PDF and actual size so feel free to print them on your home printer at 100% to see what it will look like in person. Color can vary by screen and printer but will be printed in the ink color discussed during your consultation. We do not offer hard copy proofs as it holds up the process but we personally press check each piece during production before it is printed.
With each round of revisions, the stationery suite becomes more focused. There are up to five rounds of revisions with standard production, but most of our clients don’t require all five. All feedback and changes must be emailed to our design team but if you still need clarification, we can schedule a call to go over your changes after we receive your email.
4. PROOFING – This is the time when you will look the proofs over very carefully for any spelling errors or typos and correct information (times, addresses etc). The balance is due upon proof approval and then we start printing!
5. PRODUCTION – Our standard printing production time is 3 – 6 weeks for standard printing processes and up to 10 weeks for more elaborate production methods. Exact production times depend on the complexity of the order. We will provide you an estimated completion time during your initial consultation. You may also request a rush service for an additional fee. Rush pricing is calculated by how quickly we are producing the project compared to standard turnaround time for that process. This can range from 10 to 100% of the invoice total.
6. ENJOY – We will ship your invitations to you via FedEx ground or you can pick up in our Dallas studio. We also offer mailing service and will stamp, stuff and mail your invitations for you. Then enjoy the rave reviews as guests get the first glimpse into your event!